Geothermal Heat Pumps
Needed from Customer
- Sales Receipt
- Information Form and Rebate Agreement on Geothermal Unit (Print Only - 2 pages)
- Rebate Incentive Form on Geothermal Unit (Edit and Print)
Member must complete and turn in all three items listed above.
This program is designed to promote an ultra-efficient heating and cooling alternative for homeowners.
Closed Loop Systems
Geothermal heat pump units that use a water/antifreeze solution and a NEW closed-loop ground heat exchanger.
Rebate is $400 per ton with a maximum rebate of 20 ton.
- 3 ton = $1200
- 4 ton = $1600
- 5 ton = $2000
- 6 ton = $2400
Open Loop Systems
Geothermal heat pump units that use an open-loop system with water from a well, lake or stream.
Rebate is $300 per ton with a maximum rebate of 20 ton.
- 3 ton = $900
- 4 ton = $1200
- 5 ton = $1500
- 6 ton = $1800
- Requires a separate meter installed outside of the house to monitor the heat pump usage.
- Requires an electric water heater that heats 100% of the hot water. (This water heater is not to be wired to go through the electric heat meter)
- Must sign an agreement with us stating that you will not have a second heat source using gas for the purpose of heating the home. This would include hydronics in the floor and or a gas furnace or boiler. However this does not include a single room gas fireplace or stove.
- Need to fill out an information sheet on the installation of the unit.
- There is a maximum of 20 tons for the rebate.
- There is a maximum of 20 tons to qualify for the electric heat rate as long as it can be registered through one meter.
- This will allow you to be put on our electric heat rate.
- Unit Replacement on existing loop - $250 per unit